Saturday 12 December 2015

Kaisercraft - Tutorial Tuesday

Terrific Tuesday with Alison Bevis

kc8
Hello!!
I’m doing a little tutorial for you today and when I started thinking of what to show you, I thought it might be interesting to create a layout with a minimum of ‘stuff’…
So, I’ve used just THREE sheets of patterned paper… and a wood flourish Title – That’s it!!
Oh and a trimmer, scissors, tape, foam and glue?
I looked at the beautiful images on this sheet
P2011 Recall
kc5
and knew there was enough to create some layers and to finish embellishing too!
A little bit of FUSSY CUTTING… it is one of my favourite things to do!
KC3
Easy!!
Then I needed a sheet that already had a bit of background interest, P2012 Timeless – as I set myself a challenge to just create with paper – if you choose to, this is a perfect chance to add some mixed media background techniques and some stamping too!!
kc6
I trimmed this sheet at 29cm x 29cm and distressed the edges roughly, and continued to scrunch – then layered it over another sheet, with a 90′ turn – one with a little bit of interest along the sides – P2008 Recollection
kc4
Now is the chance to utilise all the strips from the bottom of each sheet and I added some of the leftover squares and rectangles from the fussy cut sheet –
KC2
I checked there was room for my photo and continued to layer mostly horizontal but also some strips vertically –
and then I added the photo
KC1
…now it’s time to add all the fussy cut pieces to add some interest!!
kc8
Yes, I needed a title… I love the ‘Cherish and Love’ Wooden Flourishes – they just add something special to a project, don’t you think?
kc7
Kaisercraft Products – P2012 Timeless | P2008 Recollection | P2011 Recall | FL319 Wood Flourish ‘Love & Cherish’
Hope you’ve enjoyed a step by step look at creating a layout with only 3 sheets of patterned paper…and a Title!!
Thank you for stopping by,
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment